Earlier this year, Bardstown Bourbon Company finally brought its fine whiskeys to the Wisconsin market for the first time and there are more to come.
You can find some background on BBC’s arrival in the state here.
As part of introducing itself to the Badger State, Bardstown Bourbon Company is hosting a Discovery Tour, offering sampling throughout the state via its state-of-the-art mobile bar, that looks a little bit like a modern take on the classic train caboose.
At the stops, Master Distiller and Bourbon Hall of Famer Steve Nally and/or National Brand Ambassador Samantha Montgomery will be on hand to sign bottles and answer questions.
There will also be giveaways, and some stops will have the option to engrave bottles.
Bardstown Bourbon Company was launched in 2014 by Peter Loftin on 100 acres of farmland in Bardstown, Kentucky, and the campus has been growing ever since.
In addition to the distillery itself, there are ever-more rickhouses, a fabulous bar and restaurant, with an attached gift shop, really informative tours and tastings and when I was there last autumn, a new bottling facility was under construction.
Whiskey fans should road trip someday to check it out, but in the meantime, you can get to know BBC’s wares a little better at these tours.
Here’s the schedule:
- June 9, 5-7:30 p.m.: Lucky’s – 1801 Ward Ave. #260, Hudson
- June 10, 5-6:30 p.m.: Woodman’s – 2855 Woodman Dr., Altoona
- June 11, 5-6:30 p.m.: Ray’s – 8930 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa
- June 11, 8-10 p.m.: Matty’s – 14460 W. College Ave., New Berlin
- June 12, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.: Aman’s – 26210 W. Loomis Rd., Wind Lake
- June 12, 3-4:30 p.m.: Otto’s Wine & Spirits - N88 W15413 Main St., Menomonee Falls
- June 12, 6-7:3 p.m.: Sendik’s – 600 Hartbrook Dr., Hartland
- June 13, 11:30 a.m-.1 p.m.: Total Wine – 17300 W. Bluemound Rd., Brookfield
- June 13, 3-4:30 p.m.: Jeff’s Spirits – 821 S. Main St., West Bend
- June 13, 6-8 p.m.: The Stillery – W204N14025 W. Fond Du Lac Ave., Richfield
- June 14, 5-6:30 p.m.: Piggly Wiggly – W61N286 Washington Ave., Cedarburg
For more info, go to bardstownbourbon.com/mobile-tour.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., where he lived until he was 17, Bobby received his BA-Mass Communications from UWM in 1989 and has lived in Walker's Point, Bay View, Enderis Park, South Milwaukee and on the East Side.
He has published three non-fiction books in Italy – including one about an event in Milwaukee history, which was published in the U.S. in autumn 2010. Four more books, all about Milwaukee, have been published by The History Press.
With his most recent band, The Yell Leaders, Bobby released four LPs and had a songs featured in episodes of TV's "Party of Five" and "Dawson's Creek," and films in Japan, South America and the U.S. The Yell Leaders were named the best unsigned band in their region by VH-1 as part of its Rock Across America 1998 Tour. Most recently, the band contributed tracks to a UK vinyl/CD tribute to the Redskins and collaborated on a track with Italian novelist Enrico Remmert.
He's produced three installments of the "OMCD" series of local music compilations for OnMilwaukee.com and in 2007 produced a CD of Italian music and poetry.
In 2005, he was awarded the City of Asti's (Italy) Journalism Prize for his work focusing on that area. He has also won awards from the Milwaukee Press Club.
He can be heard weekly on 88Nine Radio Milwaukee talking about his "Urban Spelunking" series of stories.